Thursday Thunks is a great blog meme. All the details can be found here. Here is my contribution for this Thursday, December 3rd!
1. Sometimes when you are sitting around doing nothing, a thought randomly pops into your head. How many measuring cups do you own?
Three single ones (2 plastic and 1 glass) and 1 set of nesting plastic ones.
2. What is your favorite ice cream topping?
3. Egg nog – is it digestible?
Only in small doses.
4. Were you one of the insane humans who went to a store last Friday?
No, I have not done that in years. I went Saturday morning at 9 at it was nice and not crowded.
5. There are 12 months in a year, anywhere from 28 – 31 days in a month, depending on the year, of course. Each day holds a special meaning for someone, some days hold a special meaning for everybody. Do you have a 2010 calendar yet?
I have already bought 2 and am thinking about ordering a color and a black and white from Eric at Paris Daily Photo. I mean, look at this beautiful photo from his Dec 2 post:
6. Kids are funny sometimes and say the darndest things, but it’s ok because they are kids and they are so adorable. A two year old is cute when they say a swear word. Admit it, they are. What was your favorite nursery rhyme growing up? Hey – if you don’t have a favorite, just work with me here and pick the first one that fell off the wall and broke like an egg or came out of the sky like a cow who just jumped over the moon.
I always liked the old lady who lived in a shoe. Who thinks of those things? And I like the one that begins with “One, two, buckle my shoe . . .” But I don’t have a shoe fetish.
7. Most of us have some type of machine that people like to call ‘vehicles’. Some are blue, some are yellow, some are red. Some have trunks, some have beds and some even can’t decide if they are a car or a truck. We put gas in them, check the oil and drive them all over the place and stop them in places called parking spots. Picture in your mind the machine you currently own and if you own more than one, picture the one you last drove – when was the last time you had a new tire on it?
When I changed the tire a couple of months ago on a hot summer day in North Texas. Thank goodness the tire went flat in my garage and I wasn’t directly in the sun. Well, I guess I really got a NEW tire on it after I drove it to NTB! The spare was put back in its place.
8. For those of us on Facebook, do you wish to share your Facebook identity with us?
Facebook link is here . . .
9. Santa’s coming! Where’s the best place to hide presents? Any clever little tricks for keeping those nosey people from ruining the surprise?
At work in a locked drawer or cabinet.
10. Have you heard that the world is going to end in 2012? Some people think that the world isn’t actually going to go BOOM! and be no more, they think that the “end of the world” is actually going to be a worldwide takeover by a certain country and/or religion, which all has to do with the current president of the USA. Do you agree?
No. Oh, brother. After millions of years, why now?
11. Butterly, butterfly fluttering through the air, please don’t land on my freshly washed hair. What brand of shampoo did you use this morning? (and for those of you who still stink.. think of yesterday morning… and if that still doesn’t apply to you – go get your stinky butt in the shower!)
Redken. I just went to the salon the day before yesterday.