Adel, Daniel Q.

“A”

Welcome to my first post for the A to Z Challenge. You can find out more about the challenge by clicking on the links on the right sidebar of my site. I enjoyed participating last year in the challenge for the first time, mainly because this challenge forces me to blog more and meet deadlines. I have slacked on blogging lately due to work issues, but I am now ready to learn about some old and new authors and artists (my theme for the challenge). Oh, and Happy April Fool’s Day!

I was looking for an “A” subject recently and found an amazing American artist I had never heard of before—Daniel Q. Adel. This painter and illustrator is the same age as me, so that sealed it on choosing who to write about. Why not? Anyway, he is a Dartmouth grad and majored in Art History. After more studies at the National Academy of Design and at Hunter College, Adel has become a prolific artist. I enjoyed looking at images of his drapery oil paintings. He is also known for his portraits and caricatures, as well as watercolors.

Following are some images of Adel’s wonderful creations (click to enlarge):

drapery and portrait

Tulia (shows drapery and portraiture), oil on canvas

lead

–caricature of Alec Baldwin

paper sculpture

Dervish II, oil on canvas, 31 x 25 in

Adel has moved to France and now lives in Provence with his wife and children.

member_68493412

–artist Daniel Q. Adel

Daniel Adel’s website

Daniel Adel on YouTube

USPS Bio

8 comments for “Adel, Daniel Q.

1. April 1, 2015 at 10:25 AM

Love discovering new artists – especially like the piece “Dervish II”. A wonderful start to your A to Z 🙂
    Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

• April 1, 2015 at 10:54 AM

Thank you, @pempispalace! Yes, the drapery of the Dervish II is amazing. Looks so realistic. Thanks for stopping by 🙂

2. April 1, 2015 at 11:33 AM

Adel is new to me as well. It’s always fun discovering new artists – thanks.

• April 1, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Your welcome, Deborah! Have a great Monday and a great time on the Challenge. Cheers, Denise

3. April 1, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Beautiful, all of them. The very first piece really spoke to me, something about the eyes, perhaps, makes the subject appear real. Thanks for introducing this new artist, Denise.

• April 1, 2015 at 12:34 PM

Yes, Silvia!! When I was looking at the images of his works, I knew I would include that one no matter what! Happy “A” Day! I am headed to read your entry and get some more inspiration!!

April 17, 2015 at 8:25 AM

Hi Denise – fascinating to see his work – I don’t think I’ve ever seen an art work created on linen … such an interesting artist to know about .. cheers Hilary

• April 17, 2015 at 9:56 AM

I knew nothing about him at all until the challenge. I will probably try to follow his career now. That is the good thing about the A to Z. You can learn so much from formulating your own posts and especially from others posts. Cheers, D